It’s the Week 14 and final regular season edition of the Pac-12 Power Poll plus BYU plus Utah State. For those wondering why BYU and Utah State are in this poll, our radio show Gunther and Graham originates in Salt Lake City so we include the local teams to spice things up. The poll is compiled by the 1320 KFAN afternoon show team of Gunther and Graham featuring hosts Kyle Gunther and Kevin Graham as well as producers Will Smith and Ben Anderson. Send all complaints to the producers! This week we were all in agreement with the poll below and honor our new No. 1 team heading into the Pac-12 Championship game with a few pic’s of their cheerleaders. Why they are dressed in Wonder Woman uniforms that’s for you to decide. Enjoy!
PAC-12 FOOTBALL POWER POLL PLUS BYU PLUS UTAH STATE:
1. STANFORD (2): David Shaw loses one of the top QB’s in college football and still leads his team to the Pac-12 South title and a chance at the championship. Deserving of the league’s coach of the year honors.
2. OREGON (3): A missed overtime field goal against Stanford keeps the Ducks from the national championship game. Don’t feel too bad–they’ll still be in a BCS bowl.
3. UCLA (1): After a reporter basically accused Jim Mora of throwing the season finale against Stanford to play them again in the title game a dominant win would make you wonder.
4. OREGON STATE (4): Even though they lost to the Ducks, only three L’s this season is a huge accomplishment. Oh wait, they still have to play Nicholls state. Like I said…
5. USC (5): A 7-5 record puts Lane Kiffin squarely on the hot seat.
6. ARIZONA STATE (9): Devils end the regular season on a high note with a comeback win over arch rival Arizona.
7. UTAH STATE (7): WAC champs, BCS ranked, 20th in the AP poll, Potato Bowl bound–it was quite the year. Now will Gary Andersen be coaching a true Pac-12 team in this poll next year?
8. ARIZONA (6): Disappointing loss to the Devils in the season finale but still an impressive first year for Rich Rodriguez making this team bowl eligible.
9. WASHINGTON (8): How do you beat Stanford and Oregon State but lose to Washington State?
10. UTAH (10): Without kick returner Reggie Dunn this team may have only three wins this year.
11. BYU (11): The Cougars finally have a quarterback in James Lark. Uh, if Riley Nelson is healthy he will start the bowl game? Scratch that previous sentence.
12. CAL (12): Coaching search continues. A landing spot for Utah State’s Gary Andersen?
13. WASHINGTON STATE (14): Cougars beat their rival and already rumors of Mike Leach leaving? Did anyone look to see he finished 3-9 this year?
14. COLORADO (13): Buffaloes fire Jon Embree after just two years and then let him hold an emotional press conference just before the AD is to speak. Yeah, not so bright.
Tags: Arizona State Sun Devils Arizona Wildcats Brigham Young Cougars California Golden Bears Colorado Buffaloes Football Oregon Ducks Oregon State Beavers Stanford Cardinal UCLA Bruins USC Trojans Utah State Utah Utes Washington Huskies Washington State Cougars