It’s the week three version of the Pac-12 Power Poll plus BYU. For those wondering BYU is included due to the fact they should always be linked to Utah and that is the conference they should really be in. Plus an independent poll would consist of like four teams. The poll is compiled by the 1320 KFAN afternoon show team of Gunther and Graham featuring hosts Kyle Gunther and Kevin Graham as well as producers Will Smith and Ben Anderson. Send all complaints to the producers! And enjoy the picture of the UCLA cheerleaders.
PAC-12 FOOTBALL POWER POLL PLUS BYU:
1. USC (Last Week-1): While not completely dominant against Syracuse USC is still the definite top dog of the Pac-12.
2. OREGON (2): Ducks are good. Too bad they don’t play anybody in their non-conference schedule. This week it’s Tennessee Tech.
3. UCLA (5): Bruins proved they were the real deal in the win over Nebraska. Should improve to 3-0 against the winless Houston Cougars.
4. BYU (4): Personally think this is a tad high, but they did win. We’ll find out more about this team on Saturday versus Utah.
5. ARIZONA (9): Rich Rodriguez’s offense is rolling mostly because of quarterback Matt Scott. Defense is still an issue.
6. ARIZONA STATE (8): Todd Graham said he was going to bring discipline to a program that always seems to have talent. So far they are only the sixth most penalized team in the country and ironically enough their 2-0.
7. STANFORD (6): Cardinal offense jumps all over Duke. Huge test Saturday at USC.
8. OREGON STATE (12): I don’t think anyone predicted the Beavers would knock off Wisconsin. Now they get a bye week to prepare for their Pac-12 opener versus UCLA.
9. UTAH (3): Utes lose their quarterback, their top rusher is banged up and they may have two backup safeties starting due to injuries. Need to overcome and turn it around to gain confidence heading into league play.
10. WASHINGTON (7): No shock the Huskies lost to LSU but it didn’t help they were dominated. Should recover against Portland State.
11. CAL (10): Bears have an awful two game stretch playing at Ohio State Saturday followed by a road game versus USC. Expect two losses.
12. WASHINGTON STATE (11): After struggling against Eastern Washington it seems clear this team won’t be as good as we expected under Mike Leach.
13. COLORADO (13): Will this team win a game all year?
KYLE GUNTHER’S PAC-12 FOOTBALL POWER POLL PLUS BYU:
5. ARIZONA STATE
8. OREGON STATE
12. WASHINGTON STATE
KEVIN GRAHAM PAC-12 FOOTBALL POWER POLL PLUS BYU:
5. OREGON STATE
7. ARIZONA STATE
12. WASHINGTON STATE