By Kevin Graham:
Here is my week one Pac-12 Power Poll plus BYU ballot. The Gunther and Graham team poll (combine all of our polls) is revealed every Wednesday on 1320 KFAN. For those of you that are wondering why BYU is included we say why not? An independent power poll would be short and boring. And by the way your welcome for the pic of the Oregon cheerleaders hanging out at a lake in bikini’s with the Duck.
PAC-12 FOOTBALL POWER POLL PLUS BYU–WEEK 1:
1. USC: Most talented team in the conference if not the country. Injuries should be the only thing holding them back.
2. OREGON: New quarterback will result in the same old results-wins.
3. STANFORD: Can Josh Nunes replace Andrew Luck? No but they can run the ball.
4. UTAH: Utes success will be all on the offense because you know the defense will be strong if not dominant.
5. BYU: If this team is truly the fifth best team they should roll past Washington State.
6. WASHINGTON: Quarterback Keith Price is dynamic. Combine a questionable defense with a rough schedule and this team could have some struggles.
7. CAL: Some say the pressure is on Jeff Tedford this season. You can only hang your hat on discovering Aaron Rodgers for so long.
8. UCLA: Jim Mora Jr. is trying to instill toughness. I’ll believe it when I see it.
9. WASHINGTON STATE: Expect a lot of games in the 40’s due to Mike Leach’s new offense the Cougars lack of a defense.
10. ARIZONA: Rich Rodriguez’s bunch will get better as the season goes along but it will depend on whether his offensive line can develop.
11. ARIZONA STATE: They have some talent but it will be tough for Todd Graham to tame this undisciplined crew.
12. OREGON STATE: If they can stay healthy they should be more competitive than a year ago.
13. COLORADO: Coach John Embree says he’ll play 14 to 16 freshman this season. That assures another long year.
THE GUNTHER AND GRAHAM SHOW PAC-12 FOOTBALL POWER POLL:
9. ARIZONA STATE
10. WASHINGTON STATE
12. OREGON STATE